Spectrum Filaments PET CF15 Black 500g
Very strong and rigid
PET CF15 is a black through-dyed material based on polyethylene terephthalate. It is the easiest-to-print material filled with carbon fibre on the market. It presents no retraction issues and does not require a heating chamber. It demonstrates a perfect surface finish directly from the printer, thus reducing the need for further treatments. It may undergo additional treatment to improve its mechanical properties.
It is compatible with support materials such as HIPS. PET CF15 can be used to print very strong and rigid items. It features a low impact of moisture and temperature on dimensions. In addition, parts made of this material may undergo annealing to obtain better mechanical properties.
Spectrum Filaments PET CF15 Black 500g Key features
- low processing (linear) shrinkage of 0.1%
- a relatively high resistance to thermal ageing
- high temperature and abrasion resistance
- high mechanical strength
- chemical resistance to lubricants and oils
- very robust lamination of layers
- good tribological properties, including dry friction conditions such as in slide bearings
- a very wide temperature range for prolonged operation as well as a very high temperature up to 125°C for short-time operation
- a very high temperature up to 160°C for short-time operation
Spectrum Filaments PET CF15 Black 500g Applications
- automotive industry
- office machines
- precision apparatus
- end-use parts
- functional prototyping
Filament wound on a transparent PC spool. The spool contains information about the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Each reel is packed in aluminium vacuum bag with ZIP lock with a silica gel inside.
Due to the high carbon fiber content, it is recommended to use nozzles with a diameter exceeding 0.4 mm.
The presence of carbon fiber can also cause wear of the brass nozzle, so it is recommended to use stainless steel nozzles for long-term use of PET CF15 filament.
Processing shrinkage of 0.1%Filament PET CF15
|Printing speed||30-80 mm/s|
|Verify your spool – track diameter||YES|